• J.D., DePaul University School of Law
• 7-11 clerk in the State’s Attorney’s Office
and in the Recidivist and Capital Crimes
Division of the Circuit Court.
• BA, University of Illinois in Finance
• Founding Member, AKPsi, business
• Connecticut State Bar
• New York State Bar
• Illinois State Bar (inactive)
• United States District Court for the
District of Connecticut
• U.S. District Court for the Southern
District of New York
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District
of Illinois trial bar (inactive)
• U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals
• U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
• American Association for Justice
• Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
• Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association
Elisabeth Seieroe Maurer
871 Ethan Allen Highway, Suite 202
Ridgefield, CT 06877
TEL 203.438.1388 • FAX 203.431.0357
Attorney Maurer has extensive experience in state and federal courts, arbitrations at FINRA, NFA, and the AAA, as well as administrative hearings including the Freedom of Information Commission. She has successfully tried and resolved cases, including:
• On behalf of fire fighter candidates asserting violations of merit based
hiring laws, a settlement including jobs, back pay, and pension benefits
against the City of Danbury;
• On behalf of a Senior Vice President, a substantial settlement in an age
and gender discrimination case against the largest company in the
• On behalf of a union leader, an anti-union animus First Amendment claim
against the Town of New Fairfield;
• On behalf of the members of the police union asserting improper internal
affairs investigations against the Town of Wilton, forcing the department to
hire a consultant to rehabilitate the disciplinary process;
• A FOIC decision ordering a municipality to disclose public records on a
broad range of issues;
• On behalf of senior executives, substantially improved severance
agreements with companies such as GE, Diagio, Allied Domecq, IBM, Red
Hat, and Pepsi.
She has also represented as a litigator and a lobbyist 14,000 female teachers who sought reinstatement in the New York State pension system after they lost their benefits when they were laid off due to pregnancy. When signed into law, the governor’s staff estimated that the law would save the state’s school districts over $140 million. The following session she was able to secure an extension of the law to teachers employed in state agencies such as the Department of Corrections increasing the savings to the state by $22 million.
On the defense side, Attorney Maurer has won;
* the dismissal of all claims brought against a group of investment bankers by their former employer asserting theft of trade secrets and violation of their non-compete agreements, and
* a claim by May Department Stores against a divisional merchandising vice president for violation of a non-compete agreement.
Attorney Maurer has also been able to settle amicably dozens of other matters.
Attorney Maurer’s practice focuses on litigation and counseling of individuals and companies in connection with a wide array of employment issues:
• Gender, Race, and disability discrimination cases against private employers,
municipalities and federal entities.
• Employment and promotional candidates in cases against various
• Public and private employees asserting that their employer had under-
funded their pension plan.
• Numerous investment bankers, commodities and currency traders, and
securities brokers against their Wall Street employers, negotiating releases
from non-compete agreements.
• Senior executives in the nuclear energy, re-location services, and wine &
spirits industries in conjunction with negotiating employment and severance
Prior to founding Maurer & Associates PC, Attorney Maurer was a senior litigation associate at Fink Weinberger PC where she litigated cases on behalf of investors in the Prudential limited partnership scandal and in RICO claims against Rothschild Reserve, a partnership sponsor well known for the use of false appraisals and straw man buying schemes. She also successfully represented co-op sponsors in claims asserting breach of contract and housing discrimination tried to the New York Rabbinical Council.
Based upon Attorney Maurer’s expertise in securities and employment law, she was appointed to the Arbitration Panel of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and is chair-qualified in both investor and industry claims.
Attorney Maurer received her undergraduate degree from University of Illinois in Finance; and her Juris Doctor from De Paul University School of Law in Chicago, graduating in the top 15% of her class. She had the honor of serving as a 7-11 law clerk to the Honorable John Hourihane, Illinois Appellate Court, and Caroline Schoenberger, Commissioner of Consumer Affairs for the City of Chicago.
Attorney Maurer is an active and philanthropic member of her community. She serves on the Board of Civics First and was a member of the Advisory Board of the Connecticut Law Tribune for over a decade. She is also a lifetime member of the Girl Scouts and has been recognized for 50 plus years of participation as a scout, leader and fundraiser. Attorney Maurer has had the privilege of coaching and judging mock trial competitions from middle school through law school levels including the St Johns/ FINRA ADR competition since its inception and the national Frederick Douglass Moot Court competition sponsored by the Black Law Student Association.
Copyright © Maurer & Associates, PC. All Rights Reserved | Website Design & Hosting by R.E. Lawlor Graphics & Printing, LLC | relawlor.com
Photos Licensed By R.E. Lawlor Graphics & Printing, LLC | Getty Images Account Holder